Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where does he come up with this stuff?

I'm going to have to start an on-going series called "Conversations with Mess 1." The things that come out of his mouth these days crack me up and boggle my mind by turns.

Here's this morning's installment.

As we were on the way in this morning, I was thinking about the meeting with the staff from our Federal oversight group and how much work had to be done before the meeting started at 1:00, when my sweet boy commented on the pink clouds from the sunrise. He then told me about the airplane and asked where it was going.

"To the airport."

"Oh, where are we going Mommy?"

"Well, you and your sister are going to school, and Daddy and I are going to work. Then Daddy will pick you up this afternoon and we'll all go home and have dinner together."

He was quiet for a second, and then said "Oh, that sounds like a lovely day."

Yes, my baby, it does. Thanks for the reminder.

More stories to come...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure when you were thinking about your meeting and the work to be done you were thinking the exact same thing :-)

    I hope it did turn out to be a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete