Friday, April 4, 2008

Updates to Stuff

Hubby got a call from Lincoln University yesterday afternoon - he goes for a face to face interview on the 16th. If he gets/takes this job we will be moving from Columbia to Columbia, and I will once again be moving back to a state I have already lived in, not far from a town I lived in as a small child. Again God is reminding me of his sense of humor...

The meeting with the realtor was kind of depressing. We should be able to get the house sold before we move but we will not get as much out of it as we wanted, if we walk away with anything at all. The part of this that really gets me is the fact that 90% of the profit will go to the realtor. I'm so glad I spent three years paying on a mortgage so she could make that kind of money.

OK, it's really not that bad, and I don't really begrudge the realtor the money, that's her fee for doing me a service. It was just frustrating to have to readjust the number I had in my head and realize we're not going to be able to pay a chunk on student loans like I had hoped. The positives are we won't have to take money to closing like I know others in our neighborhood have had to do, (the house next door just sold for $40,000 less than the original asking price, as they were going into foreclosure), we had a great house to live in while we were here, and she shortened our list of projects and made some other recommendations that will reduce the expense of getting it ready to go on the market. (Unfortunately I still have to clean out my closet, yuck.)

I also talked to the maternity care coordinator with the insurance company this morning and she says it won't be a problem if the doctors want to see me more often. I'll believe it after I get the EOBs showing the insurance company paying their portion.

I'm done whining now. Have a wonderful weekend :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment