Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fix my bed!!

Since today is the second lousy day in what promises to be a rather awful work week, I thought I'd share something not work related to perk up my mood. Hopefully you'll get a little laugh out of it too.

When we moved Mess 1 into his big boy bed in December we didn't get him a full bed set; we just put a fitted sheet on the daybed, added a rail, and moved him in. At that point he was still moving around quite a bit at night, and in the mornings we would find him in all kinds of positions in all parts of the bed so blankets and covers still weren't practical.

We just recently, at his request, gave him a pillow but more often than not it is at the foot of the bed or on the floor in the morning, and the one blanket he uses is wadded up nowhere near him. So while we have been able to remove the rail, we still have not gotten him a bed set, or put anything other than a fitted sheet on the bed.

But the house is on the market, so we had to make his bed yesterday for the first time since he has been in it. He did "help" me by putting all of his stuffed animals on the floor and then flinging them back on the bed, but I don't think he was really paying attention to what I was doing.

Last night after we had completed the bathroom routine and gotten him in his jammies I sent him into his room to pick out a book while I straightened the bathroom. I think he just barely made it into the room before he turned back around and ran out screaming "Fix my bed!! Fix my bed!!"

Apparently the country style blue and pink heart covered bedspread I picked out in the seventh grade was more traumatic than I realized.

You can see a picture of it with the house listing if you really want, but please don't judge me too harshly. Considering it is almost 20 years old (is that really possible??) it has held up remarkably well. I do have plans to make something specifically for Carson, but it will probably have to wait until we move so I can pull out the sewing machine for a while.

As for "fixing" the bed, once we got the covers off and the animals back in place he was quite happy to just crawl up and snuggle in. He even skipped the book (well for a little while anyway, but more about that in another post).

We'll see how tonight goes :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment