Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm ready

Above our kitchen table is a set of five pictures from a trip to the UK Hubby and I took with some friends in 2003.

One of them is this picture I took of St. Paul's Cathedral:
Mess 1 was looking at it tonight at dinner and asked me where it was. I told him it was in London, and that it was a really big church. Then a few minutes later he asked if I wanted to know what he was thinking; I told him yes, I did.

After a moment of serious contemplation, he said "I am thinking about you being there," and he pointed to the picture.

I asked him if we were all going, or just me. He responded, with a very sweet smile "How about just you and me?"

"Would you like to go to London with me?"

"Yes Mommy."

"OK, when would you like to go?"

"How about we go next weekend?"

"Next weekend, really?"

He thought about it then asked how long it takes to get there. I told him it would take about 15 or 16 hours by plane.

"Wow!"

"So how long should we stay?" I asked him.

After some more thought, he responded with "Sixty nights!"

"Sixty nights?"

"Yep!"

Sounds good to me kiddo. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment