Thursday, March 20, 2008

What is it with boys and cars?

The conversation on the ride home yesterday afternoon:

Mess 1: “Mommy hug?”

Me: “No, I can’t give you a hug right now I have to drive the car.”

Mess 1: “Mommy drive the car.”

Me: “That’s right, I’m driving the car.”

Mess 1: “I drive the car.”

Me: “No, you have to be 16 to drive the car.”

Mess 1: “When I’m 16 then can drive the car.”

Me: “That’s right; when you’re 16 you can drive the car. How old are you now?”

Mess 1: “I’m two!”

Me: “So, 16 – 2 is 14. So in 14 years you can drive the car.” (trying to add some new dialogue to a daily conversation)

Mess 1: “In 14 years I drive the car.”

Heard this morning on the way to school:

Mess 1: “Mommy drive the car.”

Me: “That’s right, I’m driving the car.”

Mess 1: “16 I drive the car; then I drive the car.”

I really thought he’d be a little older than two before he became obsessed with driving. What are the conversations going to be like when he’s 13???

No comments:

Post a Comment