Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We made it

Nine weeks and three days ago I got a sleepy little boy out of bed at 5:00 in the morning to take his daddy to the airport.

Last night I got a sleepy little boy out of bed at 10:15 to go pick his daddy up from the airport.

And yes, I know it's crazy to have a 19 month old at the airport at that time of night, but it was such a sweet moment, watching him run to his daddy in his magic dragon pjs (so cute!), that I'm glad I took him.

And just to add to the symmetry of Hubby's departure and return, munchkin and I spent Sunday afternoon at Urgent Care. He woke up from his nap crying and felt very warm. After our last experience with an out-of-nowhere fever on a Sunday afternoon, we headed for Urgent Care as soon as I saw his temp was over 101. Do not collect $200, do not call the favorite nurse, do not wait to see if the Tylenol brings it down, just get in the car and go. Thankfully, this trip only involved a routine exam and a diagnosis of an ear infection in his left ear.

Our last weekend without hubby just couldn't be boring, could it?

Now, if we only had more than two days to prepare for the fall semester, I might get a minute to decompress....

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear R made it back okay. Does that mean no more posts on 'that boy's musings'? I was enjoying reading about his adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete